Thursday, April 5, 2007

Home Sweet Home!


Well, Brian and I made it home safely! It was a LONG trip, but I'm glad I had that opportunity to meet Jesse's (Brian's dad) side of the family. We left on Monday night at about 7:30 and arrived at our hotel Tuesday morning at about 7:30. So we had nearly a 12 hour drive. We all took turns driving, but my honey drove most of the way. It was a wonderful experience, because we went through a few states that I have never visited. We stayed at a hotel in Ashland, KY, which was about 20 minutes away from Hanging Rock, OH.
Once we got there we slept for several hours, got ready, and headed to the funeral home for the visitation. I don't expect funerals to be easy, but it was quite obvious that this was hard on the entire family. The gentleman that died was Brian's uncle Kenny. This was Jesse's baby brother. He died of cancer at the young age of 60. Jesse is one of 6 children. There are only 3 children left. During the visitation I had an opportunity to meet and talk with basically the whole family. They welcomed me with open arms. It had been about 10 years since Brian had been to Ohio to see his family so naturally they couldn't get over how much he had grown.
Wednesday morning we got up and attended the funeral. It was a very nice service. One of Kenny's military buddies got up and spoke very highly of him. I never met Brian's uncle but from what I understand he was quite an amazing person. After a few words from his loved ones the preacher came up and spoke. After it was all said and done we went to the grave sight and laid Kenny to rest. It was amazing, because Uncle Kenny's friend that spoke shared something very special with all of us. He told us of how Kenny had excepted Christ as his Lord and Savior only three months before. Just like all of us he hard the stories over and over again and told those closest to him that when we was ready he would let them know. Well, he did and I'm glad he did because while the rest of us are mourning his death he is sitting at the right hand of God smiling on those he loves.
You know, I thought that Georgia had the craziest weather. Though we do have crazy weather Ohio was something else. When we arrived in Ohio it was about 85 or 90 degrees as the high. When we left today it was snowing! I was so excited to see the first snow of the season, even if it was in April.


Well, this is my honey all cleaned up! We are at his uncle Kenny's house having lunch with the family after the funeral. There is nothing like post funeral food.



This adorable ball of fur is "prissy". She is Brian's Uncle Kenny and aunt Di's cat. She was too cut for her own good!




There was another member of the animal world that Brian and I just totally fell in love with. Her name is Sandy! She is a 1 year old lab/blue tick hound mix. She is HUGE. For those of you who know what my parents dog cam looks like, well she is about twice his size. I'm not kidding. She is 115 lbs. of muscle. I must say that it was love at first sight!


Needless to say we had a good time and are glad to be home. I missed you all and love you dearly! I can't wait to see everyone soon!
Have a great Friday and God bless!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Sweetie, I am so glad you had the opportunity to meet Brian's Dad's family and they had the opportunity to meet my angel. I am so thankful to all of the "drivers" that they drove safely and brought you all home safely. Your pictures are great, as always, and you both look beautiful/handsome. Did you throw in the animal pics for me or are you really turning into your Mama? Ashley was always the true animal lover but I think we've worn off on you. :o) I love you! XXOO - Mimi

Unknown said...

Brian looks so good in that picture!! I am very impressed:) Love you